Bake a Spectacle of Yourself with David Baddiel and Win an iPad Mini!
As Taank Optometrists celebrates 100 years of exceptional eye-care from its practice at 92a Mill Road we’re inviting amateur and professional bakers in Cambridge to take up their spatulas, dust down their aprons and bake a spec-tacular glasses-themed cake for our commemorative bake-off. Set to take place on Parker’s Piece, Cambridge on Saturday 7th September at 2pm it will be judged by owner Anjana Taank and comedian David Baddiel.
The winner will receive a fabulous iPad Mini, the runner-up will enjoy a £150 Taank gift voucher and there will be a wooden spoon prize for the ‘Taank School of Baking’ entry.
Award-winning Taank Optometrists continues a tradition of outstanding optical care and stylish frames that was first started by Henry Flanders at the same practice in 1913. And what better way to celebrate than with a good old British bake-off? To register, simply email your name, age (if under 18) and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23th August then bring your cake to our marquee on Parker’s Piece by 1.30pm on the day to meet David Baddiel and join the fun.
Funny, whimsical, gravity-defying or downright extravagant…let your imagination run wild with our ‘glasses’ theme. All ages are welcome. Cakes will be judged on their flavour, originality, creativity, difficulty and overall specs appeal.
- The competition is open to both amateur and professional bakers alike.
- The competition is open to all ages, though under 16’s will need to be accompanied by an adult at the event.
- Those wishing to enter the competition should email their name and contact details to email@example.com. Contact details will not be passed on to any third parties.
- The closing date for registering to enter will be 23rd August 2013.
- Confirmation of registration will be emailed to entrants, along with details of the event and where to bring their cakes on the day.
- Entrants will be expected to make and prepare their cakes in advance, for presentation on the day – there will be no cooking facilities at the event itself.
- The competition will be judged by Anjana Taank (owner of Taank Optometrists) and comedian David Baddiel. The judges’ decision is final.
- We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.